Topic #70: Procedure of marriage in Islam. Process of marriage in Islam.
Procedure of marriage in Islam. Process of marriage in Islam. [marriage in islam; islamic marriage process; muslim marriage process in india; nikah process in islam; how to do nikah in islam; nikah ka tarika; nikah kese hota hai; nikah kese karte hain]
Islam has made the procedure of marriage extremely simple and economical. It is we who take it as a big thing and spends extravagantly on it.
Procedure of getting married in Islam consists of the following simple and easy ways:
1. Searching for a spouse (based on her deen).
2. Sending her a proposal.
3. Determination of mahr (dower) to be given by the groom to the bride.
4. The presence of 2 witnesses to the Nikah (marriage) contract.
5. Consent of both bride and groom in Nikah.
6. Giving a wedding banquet (walima) by the groom or groom's family to the bride's family (this is not necessary for a marriage to get completed but it is a preferred Sunnah)
The Sunnah is to make the marriage an easy and affordable affair, but unfortunately today a lot of customs and rituals have crept-in in the process of marriage, most of which have absolutely no basis in Islam. Most of these processes are no more than a boast and a show, one party trying to outdo the other's wedding, and an open ground for the spread of indecency, and the mix gathering of the sexes; thus playing straight into the hands of the Shaytaan. So much wealth is squandered in such marriages that it tends to become a burden on the poor of society when it is their turn to get married.
And Allah knows best!
Clear Islamic Doubts is a Islam Q&A website where you can ask your Islam related doubts or questions and I will get them answered by asking various Islamic Scholars (based in India) or searching authentic Islamic Forums. Please consider subscribing to our mailing list.